Register
Journal Updates
eMediNexus Coverage from: 
Social determinants must also be addressed in cardiovascular preventive health
eMediNexus,  22 March 2019
remove_red_eye 579 Views
#Cardiology #Pathology and Lab Medicine

0 Read Comments                

New prevention guidelines developed by the American Heart Association (AHA) and American College of Cardiology (ACC) recognize that "socioeconomic inequalities are strong determinants" of cardiovascular risk. Only about 20% of cardiovascular risk is genetics. The other 80% is either behavioral or environmental. According to the guidelines, social determinants must be part of the cardiovascular prevention conversation with patients along with the traditional risk factors.
Read the full story.
Create a free account.
Sign Up to instantly read 30000+ free Articles & 1000+ Case Studies
Create Account

Already registered?

Login Now