remove_red_eye 1228 Views
- Fabric hygiene is an important component of personal hygiene.
- Clothes are a potential vehicle of transmission of infections.
- Dirty clothes may be contaminated with resistant bacteria such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in healthcare settings.
- Wash clothes regularly to remove and inactivate micro-organisms and also to remove odor.
- Clothes should not only be visible clean but also hygienically clean.
- Always choose a quality laundry detergent to wash clothes.
- Wash contaminated clothes in a hot wash with a bleach-based detergent
- Dry the clothes as soon as washing is complete to prevent growth of mold. Clothes should be sun-dried.
Dr KK Aggarwal
Padma Shri Awardee
President Confederation of Medical Associations in Asia and Oceania (CMAAO)
Group Editor-in-Chief IJCP Publications
President Heart Care Foundation of India
Past National President IMA