Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 817 Views
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
With input from Dr Monica Vasudev
1119: CDC Expands Definition of COVID-19 Exposure From Close Contact to Cumulative 15 minutes
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated its recommendations for likely person-to-person spread of SARS-CoV-2.
- It cautions about the risk of multiple, brief, close contact encounters with others who are positive for COVID-19.
- Each close encounter, within 6 feet of an infected person, can heighten the risk for transmission.
- Previously, the CDC had warned against spending 15 minutes or longer in close proximity to an infected person, especially in enclosed indoor spaces.
- A new report,published online October 21 in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report; however, noted that an individual who had a series of shorter contacts that over time added up to over 15 minutes, contracted the infection.
- No interaction is therefore 100% safe.
- Every activity that involves interacting with others carries with it some degree of risk.
Dr KK Aggarwal
President CMAAO, HCFI and Past National President IMA