Morning Medtalks with Dr K K Aggarwal
Dr KK Aggarwal, 01 April 2018
remove_red_eye 1376 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 1376 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map World
Coronavirus FAQ PDF
- World oldest medical journal Lancet (200 years old) Shames India for complete failure of the police, judiciary and politicians, which has lead to raising violence on doctors in the country(70%) putting off people from joining medicine, which will lead to further brain drain and shortages and further increase in quacks treating Indian patients, leading to further substandard results and further violence, a viscous cycle [ibtimes]
- MTNL perfect Health Mela at Delhi 24-28th October 2018
- Dr Ashwani Goyal took over as the President Delhi Medical Association
- Dr Bobby Grewal took over as the Honorary Secretary Delhi Medical Association
- J P Nadda, Health Minister GOI is likely to meet IMA National representatives on Monday 3 pm or 5pm
- Mint: Amid preparations for implementing the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM), dubbed Modicare, the Union ministry of health and family welfare is planning to tweak the ambitious entitlement scheme for the North-East, and draw up customized plans.
- Business World: Policybazaar.com, Indias largest insurance website and comparison portal, is planning to foray into the Healthcare Technology and Services space.
- Pharmabiz: Expressing concern over the increased heart related deaths in India, healthcare experts at the Cardiology Society of India have urged the government to declare heart failure as a public health priority.
- The Pioneer: Concerned over oral hygiene in the country, the government is formulating an oral health policy exclusively focussing on dental health promotion, prevention and treatment in the country.
- Pune Mirror: The issue of data privacy has become a matter of global debate and in India, the Supreme Court not only upheld the right to privacy in August last, but is currently scrutinising how different digital platforms could compromise this.
- Economic Times: India witnessed the highest increase in antibiotic consumption among Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs) between 2000 and 2015
- 125 patients need to take blood pressure medications for 5 years to prevent one fatal stroke.
- More than 1,600healthy patients need to take an aspirin for a year to prevent a single heart attack.
- The way in which serious news is conveyed can substantially influence the emotional response to the news, beliefs and attitudes toward the medical staff, and how patients view their future.
- A 2017 guideline from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) recommends communication skills training for oncologists and presents best practices for core communication skills when clinicians are communicating with patients and their loved ones about goals of care, prognosis, treatment options, and end of life care
- GURUGRAM: Haryana’s health minister has ordered an inquiry in the refund of the hospital fee by Medanta- The Medicity and has sought report from the district health department. The hospital had refunded the fee of Rs 15.68 lakh after an intervention by a politician.
- Bhubaneswar: Family members of a patient, who died of alleged medical negligence, ransacked portion of a private nursing home here in Bhubaneswar on Friday night. According to reports, the mob went berserk after the patient Jaichandra Das, who was admitted to the hospital three days back, died
- TOI: DEHRADUN: The ongoing protest by students of Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences (SGRRIM&HS) against the institutes decision to hike fees continued on the fifth day on aturday despite the college administration’s decision to roll back its decision to increase tuition fees. Protesting students are now demanding that the college come out with a clear-cut fee structure. The state government has called a meeting of its Fee Fixation Committee on Monday evening to sort out the issue.
- President Donald Trump announced his intention to appoint Dr. Vijayalakshmi Appareddy of Chattanooga, Tennessee to be a member of the President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities for the remainder of the two year term expiring May 11, 2019. The White House made the announcement March 30.
- The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) has released updated 2018 guidelines aimed at diagnosis and management of syncope. The guidelines have been made with contribution from the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA).