Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 833 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map World
Coronavirus FAQ PDF
• Values are our fundamental beliefs. They are the principles we use to define that which is right, good and just.
• Values provide guidance to determine the right versus the wrong and the good versus the bad.
• They are our standards.
• When we evaluate anything we compare it to a standard.
• Typical values include honesty, integrity, compassion, courage, honor, responsibility, patriotism, respect and fairness.
• Ethics are universal.Morals
• Morals are values which we attribute to a system of beliefs, typically a religious system, but it could be a political system of some other set of beliefs.
• These values get their authority from outside the individual– a higher being or higher authority (e.g. society).
• Right as defined by a higher authority.
• By that definition one could categorize the values listed above (honesty, integrity, compassion …) as "moral values" – values derived from a higher authority.Ethics
• Ethics is about our actions and decisions
.• When one acts in ways that are consistent with our beliefs (whether secular or derived from a moral authority) we characterize that as acting ethically.
• When one’s actions are not congruent with our values – our sense of right, good and just – we view that as acting unethically.
• The ethics of our decisions and actions is defined socially, not individually.(Disclaimer: The views expressed in this write up are my own).