Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 648 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map World
Coronavirus FAQ PDF
Key 1: Keep clean
- Wash your hands before handling food and often during food preparation.
- Wash your hands after going to the toilet.
- Wash and sanitize all surfaces and equipment used for food preparation.
- Protect kitchen areas and food from insects, pests and other animals.
Key 2: Separate raw and cooked food
- Separate raw meat, poultry and seafood from other foods.
- Use separate equipment and utensils such as knives and cutting boards for handling raw foods.
- Store food in containers to avoid contact between raw and prepared foods.
Key 3: Cook thoroughly
- Cook food thoroughly, especially meat, poultry, eggs and seafood.
- Bring foods like soups and stews to boiling to make sure that they have reached 70°C. For meat and poultry, make sure that juices are clear, not pink. Ideally, use a thermometer.
- Reheat cooked food thoroughly.
Key 4: Keep food at safe temperatures
- Do not leave cooked food at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Refrigerate promptly all cooked and perishable food (preferably below 5°C).
- Keep cooked food piping hot (more than 60°C) prior to serving.
- Do not store food too long even in the refrigerator.
- Do not thaw frozen food at room temperature.
Key 5: Use safe water and raw materials
- Use safe water or treat it to make it safe.
- Select fresh and wholesome foods.
- Choose foods processed for safety, such as pasteurized milk.
- Wash fruits and vegetables, especially if eaten raw.
- Do not use food beyond its expiry date.
(Source: The Five Keys to Safer Food Manual World Health Organization, 2006)