Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 871 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map World
Coronavirus FAQ PDF
ISCHEMIA Trial: Chronic coronary artery disease is not a time bomb in the chest but a condition that should be treated with reassurance, lifestyle changes, and medical therapy.
DAPA-HF trial: Dapagliflozin, a SGLT2 inhibitor reduces CV death, worsening heart failure, and overall death when used on top of optimal medical therapy in patients with heart failure due to a reduced ejection fraction.
The ISCHEMIA-CKD: The best thing a cardiologist can do for a patient with advanced kidney disease is to resist the urge to do procedures. The trial despite great efforts to reduce contrast-induced kidney injury, the invasive approach was not associated with a reduction in CV death or MI. The safety endpoint of death or dialysis was 48% higher in the invasive arm, and stroke rates were nearly fourfold higher.
RACE 7 ACWAS: no need for early cardioversion for recent-onset AF. Wait for 48 hours. 69% of patients in the delayed-cardioversion group converted spontaneously within 48 hours. Most patients who were cardiovert in the emergency department for acute-onset AF could be spared an anesthetic and high-voltage shock if clinicians would simply give peace a chance and wait 48 hours.
ISAR-REACT 5 study showed that prasugrel trounced ticagrelor for the reduction of death, myocardial infarction, or stroke at 1 year. And prasugrel achieved this superiority without an increase in major bleeding.
- AUGUSTUS: Antithrombotic Therapy After Acute Coronary Syndrome or PCI in Atrial Fibrillation
- DECLARE-TIMI 58:Dapagliflozin Effect on Cardiovascular Events–Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 58
- EMPA-REG OUTCOME:Empagliflozin Cardiovascular Outcome Event Trial in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- EVAPORATE:Effect of Icosapent Ethyl on Progression of Coronary Atherosclerosis in Patients With Elevated Triglycerides on Statin Therapy
- REDUCE-IT:Reduction of Cardiovascular Events With Icosapent Ethyl–Intervention Trial
- STOP-DAPT 2:Short and Optimal Duration of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Everolimus-Eluting Cobalt-Chromium Stent-2
- VITAL:Vitamin D and Omega-3 Trial
Dr KK Aggarwal
Padma Shri Awardee
President Confederation of Medical Associations in Asia and Oceania (CMAAO)
Group Editor-in-Chief IJCP Publications
President Heart Care Foundation of India
Past National President IMA