Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 5640 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map World
- Health care professionals should be flexible in their professional behaviour in face of the significant epidemic.
- Readiness to work outside the comfort zone of clinical practice in the increasingly likely scenario of widespread community transmission of COVID-19.
- Primary and secondary care undergoes extreme stress during significant epidemic state. This leads "inevitable exacerbation of staff shortages due to sickness or caring responsibilities" and hence represents a challenging scenario for the profession.
- It may include working in unfamiliar circumstances or surroundings or clinical areas outside of their usual practice for the benefit of patients and the entire population.
- Every patient entering the hospital should be considered as COVID positive and health care professionals should wear mask all the time.
- Encourage tele or video conferencing or consultations as far as possible.
- Inform through SMS all the patients to not visit the hospital/clinic if they have cough or fever. They should only do so after fixing an appointment.
- All patients with cough and fever entering the hospital should be immediately provided with a surgical mask at the reception, and given priority getting lab or imaging tests. They should not be made to wait in queues.
- All reusable equipment stethoscopes, BP instruments etc. should be frequently sanitised.
- Minimise paper work as much as possible.
- Learn the correct method of using and disposing surgical masks.
- Read the updated MoH guidelines every day.
Dr KK Aggarwal
President CMAAO, HCFI and Past National President IMA