Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 991 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map World
With inputs from Dr Monica Vasudev
1008: Chronic COVID or Post COVID Illness
COVID-19 could mean weeks long illness, even in young adults and those without chronic conditions who have mild disease and are treated in outpatient settings, suggest survey results published in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In a multistate telephone survey of symptomatic adults who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, 35% reported that they had not returned to their usual state of wellness when they were interviewed 2 to 3 weeks after testing.
Delayed recovery (symptoms of fatigue, cough, and shortness of breath) was noted in about a quarter of 18- to 34-year-old patients and in one-third of 35- to 49-year-olds who were not sick enough to need hospitalization.
This is post-COVID state
- On 9th-day, the virus is non-infectious
- Is post-COVID persistent inflammation or immunologic reactions
- Like arthritis in chikungunya
- Like postherpetic neuralgia
- Like post-viral syndrome, CFS, etc.
- Is quite common and presents in India more with low-grade fever and obstruction in the throat. It can also present with SOB, exertional tachycardia, persistent loss of smell and taste and below knee pains.
Dr KK Aggarwal
President CMAAO, HCFI and Past National President IMA