Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 571 Views
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
A patient who has suffered a negligent act of the doctors can seek remedy under several laws:
1. Compensatory action – This involves filing a complaint against doctors, staff or hospital, be it private or government, who committed negligence, in order to seek monetary compensation before -
- Civil Court under law of Torts or Law of Contract,
- High Court under the Constitutional Law,
- Consumer Courts under Consumer Protection Act
2. Punitive action –This involves a criminal complaint against the doctor under the Indian Penal Code.
3. Disciplinary action – This involves a complaint seeking disciplinary action against the doctor or the hospital, before statutory bodies that govern the medical practitioners (Medical Council of India or State Medical Council).
4. Recommendatory action –This involves a complaint before the National/State Human Rights Commission to seek compensation.