remove_red_eye 1247 Views
- It’s good that the government did not succumb to the International pressure and all the stents are price caped and none shifted to non NLEM category
- The price of accessories like catheters and balloons will need to be displayed separately in the bill along with their brand names
- Patients will have an option to get a stent and accessories from outside the establishment
- The government has also invited comments to check the cost of guide wire, balloon catheters and guiding catheters which are being sold at 15- to 400% margins.
- Only 8% trade margin is allowed
- Companies who wants to discontinue their stent will have to give a six months-notice
- The new rates will be applicable till 31stMarch 2019
- GST will be applicable
- Those selling lower than the ceiling rates cannot increase the prise
- Stent cost all 27890/- except bare metal stent 7660/-
Bare metal stents (BMS) have a significantly higher rate of restenosis and the need for target vessel revascularization compared with all drug-eluting stents (DES).
For most patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with stenting, one recommends current-generation DES rather than BMS
Circumstances in which implantation of a BMS is considered
Patients in whom a DES cannot be implanted due to large vessel size (>5 mm).
Patients for whom it is known at the time of PCI that dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT) cannot be used for more than four to six weeks. This includes patients who require noncardiac surgery within six weeks of PCI and (patients) with active bleeding at the time of PCI.
Analysis of Trade Margins in Cardiac Guide wire/Balloon Catheter /Guiding Catheter
The undersigned is directed to state that based on available data from the official sources and manufacturer/importer, NPPA has analysed the trade margins in the Cardiac Guidewire/Balloon Catheter and Guiding wire as follows:
|No||Particulars||Average Margin % (MRP – import price)||Average Margin % (MRP-PTD)|
|1||Cardiac Balloon Catheter||405%||234%|
|3||Cardiac Guiding Catheter||295%||93%|
|4||Cardiac Drug Eluting Balloon or Cutting Balloon||292%||140%|
|5||Cardiac Guiding Catheter – Special feature||172%||62%|
*MRP : Maximum Retail Price PTD: Price to Distributor/Stockist.
- The major sellers in Indian market are MNCs as well as some Indian manufacturers.
- Stakeholders may like to communicate their comments / view to NPPA by March 15, 2018.
The information is being put in public domain in recognition of the people’s right to information and also for introspection by the manufacturer/distributor/hospitals.
Dr KK Aggarwal,
Padma Shri Awardee
President Heart Care Foundation of India Immediate Past National President IMA