Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 1229 Views
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
Fever does not mean presence of infection. There are many situations where there may be fever without infection. Such fevers do not need antibiotics.
- Sepsis is a clinical syndrome, which results from the dysregulation of inflammatory response to an infection. The temperature is between 36°C to 38.30°C. Heart rate is often more than 90 per minute.
- Symptomatic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRSI means a clinical syndrome, which results from dysregulated inflammatory response to any infections such as inflammation of the pancreas, inflammation of the vessels, clot formations in the veins.
- Many antibiotics can cause fever; unless they are discontinued, fever will not subside.
- Hyperthermia is a condition with elevated body temperature but it is not called fever. Examples are exposure to heat or heat stroke and in response to anesthetic drugs and anti-psychotic drugs.
- Hyperthermia may not respond to anti–fever drugs.
- When fever is more than 41.5°C, it is acute hyperpyrexia.
- Hyperpyrexia is usually seen in patients with severe infections but it may also occur in brain hemorrhage. It responds to anti–fever drugs.
- High temperature without infection is found in case of a hyperfunctioning thyroid gland.
- Recreational drugs such as Ecstasy can also cause fever without any infection.
- Mild fever can also occur after exertion.