EXPLORE!

Delhi doctor awarded Rs 25,000 after getting food poisoning from fungus in Coke

  1571 Views

eMediNexus    27 March 2018

The Delhi State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission has awarded Rs 24,606 to a city doctor who was diagnosed with food poisoning after he drank Coca Cola from a bottle containing fungus in 2008.

The court was hearing an appeal filed by Hindustan Coca Cola against the district consumer forum which had asked it to compensate the doctor for the health problems he faced after drinking the spurious cold drink.

While sipping the cold drink, Dr Raj Mohan Atrey realised that the taste was spurious and there was something wrong in the quality. Later, he started vomiting. People around found that it had fungus. He was then hospitalised.

He filed the case with the district consumer forum which asked the company to pay the compensation.

To comment on this article,
create a free account.

Sign Up to instantly get access to 10000+ Articles & 1000+ Cases

Already registered?

Login Now

Most Popular Articles

News and Updates

eMediNexus provides latest updates on medical news, medical case studies from India. In-depth medical case studies and research designed for doctors and healthcare professionals.