remove_red_eye 598 Views
The objectives of the ASCI are to monitor, administer and promote standards of advertising practices in India.
A complaint can be filed with the ASCI if the advertisement:
- Is not truthful
- Is not based or supported by independent research
- Is offensive
- Published without the permission of the person, firm or institution
- Misleading the consumer
- Contains any claim
- Describes products as free
- Claims that if one product is purchased another product will be provided free
- Contains terms such as guarantee up to ….years
- Claims treatment for diseases such as obesity, impotence, infertility, baldness, etc.
- Derides any race, caste, color, creed or nationality.