remove_red_eye 706 Views
Our body is the largest pharmaceutical group in the world and has the capacity to heal each and every disease. The very fact that there is a receptor for every drug in the body, the body has the capacity to produce that drug. Music is one such modality, which can heal by initiating various chains of chemical reactions in the body.
- Chanting vowels produces interleukin-2 in the body, which works like a painkiller.
- Chanting nasal consonants produces tranquilizers in the body.
- Sounds like LUM are associated with fear, VUM with attachments, RUM with doubt, YUM with love, HUM with truthfulness and AUM with non–judgmental.
- In music, various chemicals can be produced in the body by chanting of various vowels and consonants.
- Nasal consonants are vibrant sounds and produce vibrations of the autonomic plexus leading to balance between sympathetic and parasympathetic states. More the nasal consonants in music more will be its relaxing healing power.
- Listening to overtone chanting in music can also heal people in the vicinity of the music.
- Recitation of music can also increase or decrease the respiratory rate of the singer. Lyrics, which reduce respiratory rates have parasympathetic healing activity. The respiratory rate of a listener can also increase and decrease if he is absorbed in the song.
- Listening to a song word by word by understanding its meaning can also change the biochemistry of the listener. A song can create an excitement or a feeling of depression.
- Song can also work like intent by speaking in the form of prayers. Group prayers can have powerful affects and convert intent into reality through the concept of spontaneous fulfillment of desire.
- Music is often linked with dance both classical and western, which provides additional healing.
- Gestures, mudras, bhavs and emotions associated with song produce parasympathetic state in both the singer and the listener.
(Disclaimer: The views expressed in this write up are my own).