Six reasons to protect babies and children from air pollution(WHO)
- Their lungs are still developing, and air pollution can interfere with this biological process.
- Their bodies are less able to metabolize, detoxify, and excrete the toxicants contained in air pollution.
- Their brains are still developing and neurotoxic compounds in air pollution can affect children’s cognitive development.
- They inhale more air per unit of bodyweight than adults.
- They are more active and therefore breathe in more air pollution.
margin: 25px 0px 0px 0px;
To continue reading this article
Continue reading your article with a Emedinexus account..