The novel coronavirus pandemic has spread almost in 177 countries. In India, it is the 6th day of the 21-day lockdown and the total number of reported coronavirus cases in India has reached 1,071. The Union Health Ministry has confirmed that 100 people have recovered till now but 29 people have died.
There are over 7.2 lakh confirmed cases worldwide due to coronavirus and almost 33,900 people have died till now. The US has the highest number of confirmed cases followed by Italy. COVID-19 cases continue to increase in Europe. This pandemic is having a huge impact on global economy and the stock market.
- Andhra Pradesh confirmed two more COVID-19 cases with total count of 23 cases.
- A 72-year-old man in Rajamahendravaram and a 49-year-old from Kakinada tested positive for coronavirus.
- According to the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center, the global coronavirus death count has rose past 34,000.
- Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc have extended a clinical trial of their rheumatoid arthritis drug Kevzara as a COVID-19 treatment to patients outside the United States.
- A 45-year-old COVID-19 patient died in Gujarat and the death count in the state has reached 6.
- According to the Union Health Ministry, a total of 100 patients infected by coronavirus, have recovered till now and the death toll has reached at 29.
- The government has constituted 11 authorized groups to advocate measures to upgrade healthcare and help to bring back the economy on track and lessen the agony faced by people after the 21-day lockdown.
- A woman infected with the novel COVID-19 died at a state-run hospital in north Bengal, taking the total number of deaths in West Bengal to 2, said the hospital sources.
- The 54-year-old woman from Kalimpong in Darjeeling district died at the North Bengal Medical College and Hospital.
- 8 new coronavirus cases are reported in Madhya Pradesh, taking the total number of patients in the state to 47.
- Maharashtra’s Health Department has reported 12 new positive cases of coronavirus in Maharashtra. 5 in Pune, 3 in Mumbai, 2 in Nagpur, and 1 in Kolhapur and Nashik each. The total number of coronavirus cases in the state has reached to 215.
Source: Money control