eSpiritual: How to Finish Your Pending Work?
Dr KK Aggarwal, 02 January 2018
remove_red_eye 852 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map India
remove_red_eye 852 Views
Coronavirus Live Count Map World
- This involves principles of time management and some Vedic principles.
- The first thing to do is to make a checklist of all the pending work by writing it down and re–categorizing them depending upon the urgency and importance.
- Pending work can be classified under following four sections:
- Urgent and important: Should be done immediately.
- Important but not urgent: Should be scheduled as per the time available
- Not important and not urgent: One should learn to say no and dump it
- Urgent but not important: This work should be delegated to others.
- Urgency of the work is decided by the deadlines available.
- The importance of the work is decided by directing the result of the work to the mind, body or the soul. One should see whether the result of the work gives pleasure to the body, mind or the soul. The one which is giving pleasure to the soul will be free of fear or guilt.
- When choosing files between simple or difficult, choose the difficult first so that you do not carry them back home in the mind. In terms of importance, difficult files are more important than simple files.
- When choosing right versus convenient action, give priority to the right action and not the convenient action.
- Delegation of work – team work is very important.
- When deadlines are available, it is always better not to keep the work just near the deadlines.
- Anticipate delay and keep time for unforeseen movements.
- Work is work and not something personal.
- Always remember the spiritual principle that you get what you deserve and not what you desire. So never get linked to the results of your actions.
- Yoga, pranayama, afternoon naps and meditation help to prioritize your work.
- Follow the principles of creativity and learn to give breaks in between the work so that the mind is relaxed and can take soul boosting decisions.
- Remember, Yudhishthir never kept anything pending for tomorrow. In this way you can have a fearless, undisturbed sleep.
- Organizing your pending list always helps.
- Do not waste time on learning material on which you are already an expert.
- Take advantage of down time. If you find free time in your routine, then convert it into a creative time so that you can plan strategies or do something new.
- Always get up at the same time and never disturb your sleep time.
(Disclaimer: The views expressed in this write up are my own).